Three exams are conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell of the Govt. of Maharashtra for students seeking admission into the first-year course, namely- MHT-CET, MAH-MCA and MAH-CET.
It is only this year that the MHCET exam 2016 has been changed into the MHT-CET. What this means is that from this years, students seeking admission to Medical, Engineering and Pharmacy courses shall be giving a combined entrance exam.
MHT-CET or earlier the MHCET Exam 2016 is conducted for admitting students into various Health Sciences, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary courses. The application for the same has begun from the 1st of March and shall continue until the 22nd of March 2016. The fees to be filled by applicants in the open category are Rs. 860 and that for reserved category is Rs. 660. The date of examination is May 5, 2016, and the results of the same are likely to be declared on the 1st of June, 2016.
MHTCET Exam 2016 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for appearing for the MHCET Exam 2016 is for Engineering and Pharmacy are given below:
- The age is no bar for admission into this course
- The applicant must be of India nationality
- The candidates must have passed the HSC/equivalent examination of 12th standard of another board.
- The candidate who wishes to appear for the medical degree exam must have been born on or before the 31st of December 1990; those opting for Ayurveda and Unani courses must be born on or before October 1. 1990.
- The candidates must have passed the HSC/equivalent examination of 12th standard of another board. (Core subjects being English and PCB)
- A medical certificate will have to be submitted to test the medical fitness of the candidate
Application Process for MHCET Exam 2016
The applications for the MCT-CET 2016 have already begun on March 1, 2016, and shall last until March 22, 2016.
The steps for registration are stated below:
- Go to the official website- website http://mhtcet2016.co.in and here find the link which says ‘MHT-CET-2016 Registration’.
- The candidates here are supposed to finish by filling in their personal details as well as educational qualifications.
- Next, they need to scan copies of their passport size photograph and Signature for upload.
- Having done that, a Bank Challan is to be downloaded for the MHT-CET 2016.
- After 48 hours of having filled the form and downloaded the challan, the applicant must visit SBI bank to pay the fees for the exam.
- Having finished with the payment, the candidates will have to go to the registration page once again after 24 hours to cross check whether or not the payment of fees has been updated.
- Keep a photocopy ready of the Bank challan, print out of the registration confirmation and also the registrations password along with registration number must be noted.
- Once done with the above procedures successfully, the students will be able to download the admit cards for their MHCET Exam 2016.
Now that the details of eligibility and application for MHCET Exam 2016 (Now MHTCET) is known by all, you must as well check the Admit card for MHTCET, Exam pattern, Syllabus and result in details for the same.
Admit Card for MHT CET (Earlier known as MHCET Exam 2016)
For MHT-CET 2016, the Admit Cards shall be made available once the applicant has completed the application process for the exam. Applicants can easily download the Admit card from the official website: www.mhtcet2016.co.in website.
MHT CET 2016 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
MHT-CET Exam has three-hour duration, and the total number of marks sums up to 200 with questions ranging from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Every right answer would be rewarded 1 mark while there is no negative marking for a wrong one.
MHT CET 2016 Results
The results for the MHCET (Earlier MHCET Exam 2016) will be declared on the 1st of June 2016 and can be checked from the official website: www.mhtcet2016.co website.
MHT CET 2016 Counselling
The process of counselling and seat allotment for MHCET Exam 2016 is a Centralize allotment process. The students are supposed to fill in their options and as per the ranking in the relevant entrance exam; seat would be allotted to the given institutions of Maharashtra. Once the results have been declared, the students can easily see the merit list from the official download on June 14th, 2016.
Once the merit list has been declared, the selected candidates must fill in the preference forms along with submission of other documents followed by verification. Once the choices have been locked payment of fees has been done, the candidates shall have secured admission into the respective institution.
The details of counselling dates and other related information shall be available on www.mhtcet2016.co.in website.