Free Antivirus Protection for Android
Today Android smartphone are attacked by different types of malwares and virus programs. And it is essential to make you devices and all the data you store there safe.
The very first app that should be installed for your Android protection is a good antivirus. Fortunately, there are lots of good free applications that offer protection from online and offline attacks. And even more are being developed. However, there is a good variety of app to choose from, free and paid ones. And today we will present you a list of top 7 of free applications with the short lists of their key features. All you will have to do is to choose the one you like most.
1. Kaspersky Mobile Security Lite
- checking of any app you install;
- on-demand and scheduled scanning of your phone;
- the ability to locate you phone if it is stolen or lost;
- locking and wiping a stolen phone even if (!) your SIM card is replaced;
- blocking of all unwanted calls and sms from specified or unknown numbers;
- a privacy that allows to hide some your contacts, call info, and text messages.
2. Avast! Mobile Security
- on-demand and automatic scans of the apps installed;
- showing the list of running apps with all necessary data;
- scanning of every URL that you visit and warning about a malware-infected site you try to visit;
- filtering calls and messages on the base of the contact list;
- disable an app’s Internet access;
3. BitDefender Mobile Security
- scanning of the apps;
- view of all app permissions;
- ability to locate your phone.
- intuitive user interface (UI);
- anti-virus protection;
- remote wipe controls;
- data backup;
- firewall defence;
- locating Android phone;
- daily, weekly anti-virus scans and automatic scanning of new apps and files when they’re loaded
5. McAfee Mobile Security
- antivirus protection of installing apps
- unlimited cloud backup.
6. Webroot Security and Antivirus
- online identity protection;
- defense against malware, virus, spyware,Trojans phishing and some SMS attacks;
- phone locating;
- apps scan;
- scans all apps and files for viruses;
- block of calls and texts that are unwanted;
- to lock the smartphone automatically if the SIM card is replaced;
- battery status and power usage monitoring;
- view apps accessing the network.
7. AVG Antivirus
- auto-scan of the downloaded apps
- locking and wiping Android phone services.
- phishing attacks protection;
- access to malicious Web sites is restricted;
- killing of tasks slowing down device;
- phone location system via Google Maps.
But don’t forget that installing antivirus application is just the first step in building a protection wall for your smartphone. There are also apps for password protection, data encryption, data transfer tracing and many others.
< Image Source >